Our Asbestos Awareness course is designed to provide awareness and develop the knowledge amongst employees as regards the hazards and risks posed by asbestos containing materials. The course further gives an overview of the legislative measures in place to permit employees to safeguard themselves and others affected by work activities.
Over 20 tradesmen die every week from asbestos related illness so it is important to ensure that you are not putting your employees or contractors at risk from potential exposure to asbestos. It is important not only as the Duty Holder, but also as an employee or contractor to understand the potential hazards associated with asbestos and attached levels of risk.
- Legal overview & health & safety
- What the law says
- The well-known dangers of asbestos
- What asbestos looks like(natural or in product)
- The practical implications of their work
- Actions to take if they discover asbestos
- Different types & colour of asbestos
- Survey types
- Disease caused by asbestos
- Asbestos properties
- Individual responsibility
All delegates who achieve 75% will be awarded a Asbestos Awareness Certificate