Is your workplace safe?
Did you know that breaches of fire safety laws can result in unlimited fines and imprisonment?
The Level 2 Award in Fire Safety is a regulated and nationally recognised qualification that has been specifically designed for anyone who has a specific responsibility for fire safety in the workplace, such as designated fire wardens/fire marshals.
Successful candidates will gain an understanding of fire safety management at work and the specific roles and responsibilities related to fire safety in the workplace.
- Causes of fires in the workplace
- The fire triangle
- Hazards during and after a fire
- Fire and smoke spread
- Identifying and controlling fire hazards:
- Fire prevention
- Fire detection and raising the alarm
- Means of escape
- Principles of extinguishing fires
- Fire-fighting equipment and systems
- Fire safety laws
- Duties and responsibilities of employers and employees
- Undertaking a fire safety inspection
- Fire safety risk assessments
- Contents of a fire safety briefing
- Roles and responsibilities of the nominated fire warden
- On a day-to-day basis
- During an emergency
All delegates who meet the assessment criteria will receive a Qualsafe Awards certificate valid for 3 years.