Our Practical Fire Extinguisher Training course was designed for persons who have attended a theory based training course without any practical knowledge of using a fire extinguisher.
This 3hr course gives delegates the opportunity to use fire extinguishers and covers theory.
Fire Safety in England and Wales is governed by the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 and in Scotland the Fire (Scotland) Act 2005.
Under U.K legislation the responsible person is required to: include suitable and sufficient instruction and training on the appropriate precautions and actions to be taken by the employee in order to safeguard him/herself and other relevant persons on the premises, be repeated periodically where appropriate.
The responsible person must appoint one or more competent persons to assist him in undertaking the preventive and protective measures.
Each employees will require a basic level of fire awareness training. This will vary with the level of risk in the premises.
Who should attend?
- Persons who have had fire awareness or fire warden training, but without any practical experience.
- Persons who may be required to use fire extinguishers at work.
What does the course cover?
- Fire extinguisher recognition
- Classification of fire
- Safety instruction in the use of fire extinguishers
- Practical use of various types of fire extinguishers