RTITB offers two Rough Terrain truck courses:
- Rough Terrain Telescopic Handler (often referred to as a Rough Terrain Telehandler) and
- Rough Terrain Masted truck (often referred to as a Rough Terrain Forklift).
In order to operate both machine types, you must complete both training courses.
The RTITB Rough Terrain Telescopic Handler training course will give you the skills to operate the truck safely and efficiently, carry out a pre-use inspection and recall and explain the causes of truck and load instability.
The course covers, but is not limited to, the following areas;
- Controls and Instruments
- Starting/moving/stopping and steering the truck
- Handling pallets, containers and bulk packs
- Driving on/off ramps and inclines
- Principles of operating on rough terrain
- Loading/unloading and stacking/destacking
- Free standing and in-racking procedures
Course Durations (for 3 people):
- Novice candidate: 37.5 hours
- Experienced (but untrained) candidate: 20 hours
- Refresher (recommended every 3 years) candidate: 7.5 hours
- Conversion candidate:15 hours