Incidents involving abrasive wheels, disks and machines continue to occur worldwide for a variety of reasons.
These incidents have left operators badly injured, and in some cases, permanently disfigured.
To provide delegates with a knowledge and understanding relating to the safe use of Abrasive Wheels including precautions, how to identify potential hazards, correct means of storage and all required inspections before use.
- Introduction to the latest regulations concerning abrasive wheels and discs.
- The care in storage, handling and transportation.
- Visual inspections and testing rejection criteria
- The markings and symbols on wheels and discs.
- The importance of spindle and wheel/disc speeds.
- Proper and safe mounting of wheels and discs.
- The identification of potential hazards.
- Truing and dressing of wheels.
- Selection and use of the proper P.P.E.
On successful completion of this course delegates will have completed a Multiple Choice Exam and participated in practical content associated with the selection of equipment specific
On successful completion of this course delegates will be issued with a Pathways Certificate of Achievement
Terms and Conditions
Please read our Terms and Conditions before booking here
Booking on our courses is your acceptance to these terms.
- Debit/Credit Card/Invoice – Call 01482 640043 to make payment (Tue to Thurs)
This course takes place at our head office (Dunston House) located just off the A63 on the approach into Hull (take the Hessle turn off)