Who is this qualification for?
This qualification is aimed at individuals working in, or preparing to work in, any industry that involves the retail sale of alcohol.
The law states anyone wishing to sell or authorise the sale of alcohol must hold a ‘Personal Licence’ which is issued by their local authority.
It is a requirement that anyone requiring this must have gained an Award for Personal Licence Holders qualification before applying to sell alcohol.
Simply, the candidate must pass the PLH course before applying for their Personal Licence.
Does the certificate have an expiry date?
The certificate currently has no expiry date. The Personal Licence courses are the first stage in the process.
What do I need to do to get my personal licence?
- After passing the exam you then need to make an application to your local council.
- An application must also be made for a DBS certificate.
Once issued, the Licence will last indefinitely, with no need to renew.
How long will it take?
To complete this qualification learners should expect to undertake 8 hours of learning.
- the nature, purpose and period of validity of a personal licence,
- the application process and legal duties when applying for a personal licence,
- the legal duties of a personal licence holder,
- the roles, responsibilities and functions of licensing authorities,
- the nature and strength of alcohol and
- the effect on the body and the law in relation to premises licences.
This qualification is assessed by a multiple-choice examination.
All delegates who meet the assessment criteria will receive a HABC certificate
Payment Options (Price for online bookings only £100 per person inc VAT)
- Online via PayPal
- Debit/Credit Card over the phone
- Booking Form – Download here and return to us asap!
Payment must be received before course start date!
Terms and Conditions
Please read our Terms and Conditions before booking here Booking on our courses is your acceptance to these terms.