Level 1 Award in Environmental Sustainability qualification introduces the essential concepts of sustainability and teaches employees ways in which they can reduce their individual environmental impact.
For many businesses, a 20% cut in energy costs represents the same bottom line benefit as a 5% increase in sales
What does it cover?
Level 1 Award in Environmental Sustainability qualification raises awareness around key environmental issues, explores the benefits of sustainable communities and encourages learners to reflect on their individual responsibilities. It teaches key terms, legal responsibilities and the reasons why a basic awareness of environmental sustainability is important.
The student will also learn about the problems caused by excess consumption, how goods and services are created, the impact of waste, energy and transport usage, and how impact could be reduced
- The three strands of sustainable development
- Excess consumption and the problems this can cause
- How individuals impact on the environment
- Natural resources and their importance
- Sustainability issues related to natural resources
- How goods and services are created
- The impacts of waste and how they might be reduced
- The impacts of energy usage and how they might be reduced
- The impacts of water usage and how they might be reduced
- The impacts of transport usage and how they might be reduced
- The concept of sustainable community
- The local and global benefits of sustainable communities.
20 multiple choice questions (30 minutes)
Get in Touch
We’re a friendly, supportive and highly focused training company that treats every customer as an individual, so get in touch today and let us know what you need to climb the career ladder or take your business to the next level.