Who is this for?
This qualification is intended for those that are undertaking the role of a fire marshal in a workplace. The qualification builds on the QNUK Level 1 Award in Fire Awareness at Work (RQF) and includes safe evacuation and personal emergency evacuation plans (PEEPS).
This qualification is available to those over 14 years, however employers should ensure that fire marshals are suitable to undertake the role of a fire marshal. Candidates should be at least a level 1 numeracy and literacy or equivalent
- Understand the hazards and risks associated with fire in the workplace
- Know how to use a range of fire controls
- Understand the importance of a prompt and safe evacuation of the workplace
- Know how to support individuals during an evacuation
- Understand the role of the Fire Marshal in the workplace