Did you know that incorrect manual handling causes over a third of all workplace injuries?
The law states that employers have a legal responsibility to provide adequate training for those who perform manual handling tasks in their day to day role.
The QA Level 2 Award in Safe Moving and Handling (RQF) is a regulated and nationally recognised qualification designed for those who work, or intend to work, in a role that involves manual handling. It is the perfect course for those working in a variety of environments including warehouses and shops.
Successful candidates will learn the key principles of manual handling and how to apply these to their workplace. They will also practise a wide range of techniques, ensuring that they leave the course confident and proficient in moving and handling.
- Common manual handling injuries
- Manual handling laws
- Responsibilities of employers and employees
- Risk assessments
- Safe movement principles associated with manual handling, including the body’s:
• Musculoskeletal system
• Centre of gravity
• Lever system
- Manual handling equipment:
• Types of manual handling aids and equipment
• Maintenance and requirements for testing
- Manual handling practical sessions:
• Solo lifting, carrying and lowering an object
• Team manual handling
• Using equipment
*This qualification contains both theoretical and practical elements.
Get in Touch
We’re a friendly, supportive and highly focused training company that treats every customer as an individual, so get in touch today and let us know what you need to climb the career ladder or take your business to the next level.