Every type of business and organisation can benefit greatly from running active social media accounts. With 83% of the UK’s adult population using one or more channels on a regular basis as of January 2018, it has become a major method for sharing messages, starting conversations, advertising events, selling products, conducting research and growing a brand in a way that can rarely be achieved through traditional marketing platforms.
What’s more, the nature of social media is that it should be social, in that the public can use it to communicate with a company quickly and effectively. This means that social media management goes way beyond adding the odd post and instead should be an integral part of your overall marketing and communications strategy.
This may make it sound a little scary, but we’re here to offer training sessions that will help you to understand what social media is, how it works, why it’s become so popular, and how to use different platforms to their full potential.
This one-day course covers the following topics:
- A talk through the most popular social media platforms and how they differ, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn and YouTube
- Why social media is important for brands and businesses
- The role of a social media manager (whether full-time or as an additional responsibility)
- How to run paid adverts on social media
- Individual sections for each social media platform, explaining the basics, types of content, how to build engagement, and admin tools
- Examples of interesting social media accounts (global and local)
- How to check analytics, which help you to understand which posts are proving the most popular
- Using videos and live streaming for your business
- How to create a bespoke social media strategy that can grow with your business
To celebrate the spirit of social media, this course has been designed as a two-way conversation between tutor and learners. Whilst the day is structured and a range of topics will be covered, learners are encouraged to ask questions and offer thoughts along the way. This makes it ideal for absolute beginners as well as those who know how to use social media but need some tips, as the course is full of inspiration and can adapt to each group.
We guarantee that taking this one-day course will remove all of the worries that can sometimes surround social media, so our learners include people from all backgrounds, such as sole traders, office managers, receptionists, CEOs, freelancers, people already in the marketing industry, and professionals from sectors that range from the creative to the corporate.
Following this course, the tutor will give out business cards and invite learners to get in touch via email with any social media enquiries for an additional six weeks.
Rich Sutherland has been a copywriter and digital marketer since 2007, starting with roles in retail and the arts before setting up his own agency in 2012. As the Managing Director of sobananapenguin, he was thrilled to receive the title of Best Independent Marketing Agency at the Yorkshire and the Humber Enterprise Awards 2018.
Over the years, Rich has managed and contributed to the social media accounts for dozens of local businesses that include Hull Truck Theatre, Hull University Union and American Chip Spice. He also runs occasional workshops at the University of Hull, provides e-mentoring to students to help them develop career plans, and is on the Management Board at Sirius Academy West.
Get in Touch
We’re a friendly, supportive and highly focused training company that treats every customer as an individual, so get in touch today and let us know what you need to climb the career ladder or take your business to the next level.